We are looking for an Account Manager in Waterloo - Belgium to create long-term, trusting relationships with our customers. The Account Manager’s role is to oversee a portfolio of assigned customers, handle or dispatch support, training and new requests, and develop new business from existing clients.
What does an Account Manager do?
Account management responsibilities include developing strong relationships with customers, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders. Account Managers also answer client queries and identify new business opportunities among existing customers.
In this role, you will liaise with cross-functional internal teams (including Sales and Product Development departments) to improve the entire customer experience. This position may require occasional travel.
If you are familiar with account management software (CRM), have a flair for client communication and understand consumer behavior, we’d like to meet you!
Ultimately, a successful Account Manager should collaborate with our sales team to achieve quotas while keeping our clients satisfied and engaged with our products and services in the long-run.
You will report directly to the CEO-CTO of the company.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas
- Prepare reports on project status
- Collaborate with sales team to identify and grow opportunities within territory
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
Manage project timelines, milestones, deliveries
Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Project manager or relevant role
Positive, enthusiastic, and cooperative behaviour in order to facilitate a good relationship inside and outside the department
Team player, taking care of relationships within the team and within the company
Holistic perspective and 360° vision of the job and the company model (no silo view)
- An attractive, solution-oriented personality ready to take responsibility and support their team and clients as part of their project
- Autonomous, willing to learn, ability to take initiative (proactiveness)
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organisation, including executive and C-level
- Solid experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce, Zoho CRM or HubSpot) and with event management software
Reliable, high sense of confidentiality
Trustworthy and transparent
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
Comfortable in international environments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, French and Dutch, other languages are an asset.
What we offer?
- Full-time contract with flexible working hours
- A competitive and attractive remuneration package according to your career path and experience
- Yearly bonus based on team and company performances
- Brand new 500 m2 offices in an eco-friendly environment (Waterloo Office Park)
- A key moment to join a growing startup
- An entrepreneurial framework with a lot of responsibilities and autonomy
- A passionate, inclusive and diverse team of motivated experts to join
- Lots of afterwork activities, team buildings and fun all year round!
Send us your resume
Applying for this job means sending us your resume and a motivational introduction of yourself in electronic format via Linkedin or via email at: email@example.com